My family

My family

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Traveling benefits

My collection of college sweatshirts is expanding as Jim travels more.  He came home from his trip last week with my latest edition....


It was really sweet of him to take the time to buy the sweatshirt.....especially since he had to go to the college bookstore to pick it up.  

Whenever anyone I know takes a trip, I always ask them to bring me back a sweatshirt.  It doesn't matter where they go.....I love getting sweatshirts from all over the country.  Here are some of my favorites....

Pepperdine
Annapolis
Ole Miss
Texas Christian University
Baylor
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Old Dominion
University of California at Santa Barbara
Stanford

There's a funny story behind the Pepperdine sweatshirt.  I had gone to visit Denise while she was nursing in California and we stopped by the college bookstore on the way to the airport.  As I was checking out, the salesperson said, "Are you here to pick up your child for Summer break?"  Keep in mind, I was in my mid-30s at the time.  All I could think of was, "REALLY???  Do I look old enough to have a college student??"  RUDE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment