My family

My family

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blood moon

We had a cool (and rare!) occurrence last night. Did you catch the lunar eclipse?
 

Also known as the Blood Moon, it was the first of four total lunar eclipses (where the Earth is directly between the sun and the moon preventing the sun's light from illuminating the moon) happening in 2014-2015.  It was awesome.......and so creepy!!


Delanie LOVES astronomy so she was stoked to check it out.  We made a plan for her to set her alarm at 2:30am (yes, I said AM!) to wake me up so we could see it together.  I woke up to Bailey snoring at 3:30am and Delanie was still sound asleep.  Being the good mother than I am - insert hysterical laughter here - I went into her room to wake her up.  Imagine my surprise when she decided NOT to get up.......insert growling sound here

 
I haven't quite figured out how to take a decent picture of the moon with my camera (it always turns out blurry) so the ones I found on the internet will have to do. 

 
The photo below was taken over the Juscelino Kubitschek Memorial in Brasilia. (Photo credit: BBC)


I love how there is one star shining bright beside the moon.  Is that the North Star?  Anyway..... I always secretly imagine that's my mom looking down on us from Heaven.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment