My family

My family

Friday, July 19, 2013

Bear spray?

I know I've said this 1000 times but I hate when Jim travels for work.  No really,
I hate it! 

Every creak and pop of the house is magnified.  Of course, my mind hears each sound as a potentially life-threatening intruder.  Seriously......where the hell did that paranoia come from? 

It is absolutely no consolation whatsoever that we have a monitored alarm system with motion sensors and a guard dog (haha!).  I know.......it's completely unreasonable but completely true. 

A few weeks ago, knowing he had a business trip coming up, Jim decided that
bear spray would be the perfect solution.  (I know what you're thinking....... I didn't know they made bear spray either.)  My sweet husband made a trip to Cabela's to bring home what he describes as "pepper spray on meth".  It sat right on the nightstand during Jim's recent trip.  :)

On the bright side, there are some perks of Jim's travels.  It's always interesting to see which college sweatshirt he brings back.  Check out the latest and greatest....


No, both of them are not for me.  That can only mean one thing.......my collection obsession is contagious.  Jim has caught the fever!! :)

There are strict rules for this collection.  First, the sweatshirt must come from the college bookstore.  I realize that this requires a special often out-of-the-way trip but it has to be done.  Second, the sweatshirt must be embroidered.  Got it?! :)

OK, moving on....  Butler University is home of the Bulldogs.  When Jim (and Dave!) went to the bookstore, the college mascot was doing a meet and greet.  This has to be the biggest bulldog I have ever seen. 


To be honest, the sweatshirt is a bonus.  The actual gift here is the fact that - no matter where his travels take him - Jim always carves out time to find the university bookstore.  See why he's the best husband ever?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment