My family

My family

Monday, September 30, 2013

Junk Bonanza

This weekend was the 7th annual Junk Bonanza held at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, MN. I have been on such a flea market kick lately. This was right up my alley! There were hundreds of vendors selling re-purposed "junk". Needless to say, I was in Heaven!! :) 
 
 
Jim decided to go with me because Canterbury Park is known for their horse racing simulcast.  Even though we went our separate ways, it was an awesome day!!  I spent hours browsing and taking pictures for future projects.  He spent hours betting on the horses.  Win-win!! :)
 
I have decided to redecorate the main floor of our house. This floor is made up of one large room split up into the den (my favorite place to hang out), the dining room and the kitchen. We have chocolate brown leather furniture now so it's my plan to brighten/cozy it up. I am going with a cottage-y feel similar to my favorite blog - www.theletteredcottage.net . You should check it out......Layla is an awesome decorator.
 


I found the cubbie frame pictured above and knew I had to have it.  It is exactly the color I want to bring into the main floor.  The blue inspiration came from the vintage mason jars I love so much (below).  I knew when I first saw it that it would make an incredible wine rack.  So......after a little negotiating - which would make my dad proud! - I loaded it into the truck. 
 
 
I can't get enough of mason jars so I had to pick up some of those up.  You can find the "new" version of the blue mason jars at Target but the lids don't have the oxidation that I really love. 
 
My only other big purchase was a great black, distressed deacon's bench I found.  This beauty now has a home right inside my front door in the foyer.  Well......almost.  It's about 18" too long so my sweet husband and I are going to have to find a way to cut it down.  I think I see a few new tools in Jim's future.  :)
 
 
More knick-knacks, burlap and linens I couldn't pass up.....

 

I'm already looking forward to next year!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment