My family

My family

Monday, September 23, 2013

Scrapfest 2013

 
Whew......what a wonderful weekend!! :)  Delanie and I attended our first ever Scrapfest at the Mall of America.  We didn't know what to expect when we signed up be we were definitely not disappointed!!
 
 
What could be better than spending two days at the biggest mall in America scrapbooking with my favorite girl?!  We arrived bright and early Saturday morning to shop shop shop our way through the hundreds of booths.  We brought so many cute projects home. 

 
Back story:  I started scrapbooking the year Garrett turned four......1998.  Debbie Smith - the director at Garrett's preschool - got me hooked!  We would have monthly crop nights at First Baptist Church in Grand Prairie, TX.  Several of our friends would gather and work on our scrapbooks until the early hours of the morning.  Those memories are among some of my fondest. 
 
Way back then, I fell in love with the work of a "celebrity" scrapbooker named Becky Higgins.  I could relate to her style and her get-it-done attitude so it's been fun to follow her career over the years.  Guess who I met at Scrapfest???  OMG......Becky Higgins!! :)

 
Let me tell you, it takes a lot for me to be starstruck.  That being said......when I saw Becky in Archivers I started shrieking and giggling like a school girl.  Thank goodness Delanie had my camera (because I would never have been brave enough to ask for a photo!).  After our chat, I was on Cloud 9 for hours!


The mall was absolutely packed!  The photo below is one of the workshops being held throughout the weekend.  Is this awesome or what?!  Thank goodness this only comes around once a year because we were completely exhausted by the time we were done. 
 
 
Delanie and I signed up to take a workshop Sunday afternoon.  I really love mini-albums.  What a great way to showcase a special event in one awesome little package.  This is what our completed album would look like.....


The hour-long class sped by.  Seriously, it felt like we were in the classroom for five minutes.  We have tons to do to complete our scrapbook.  I can't wait to get started! 

 
P.S.  Isn't this little lady the cutest scrapbooker you've ever seen?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment