My family

My family

Friday, May 8, 2015

Flashback Friday

Happy Friday.......and Happy Mother's Day!! :)
 
Being a mom is both my hardest and my favorite job in the world.  I always knew I wanted to be a mom.  What a blessing it is to be charged with the task of raising a child.  I am so thankful to grow up with an exceptional role-model and I will never take it for granted.  :) 
 
 
In our house, I have always held to one rule:  You can say anything you want as long as you say it respectfully.  I think it's important to give kids a voice and I want them to feel like they are being heard.  For example, if they didn't like a bedtime or a punishment or anything else, they have always been allowed to say so.  Of course, I'm still going to do what I think is right as a mom but I will listen to every single word they say. 

 
 
I am a lucky momma to the funniest little boy with the biggest heart and the most talented little girl with an independent streak a mile wide. 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment