My family

My family

Thursday, May 28, 2015

So long SFA!!

I can't believe this little cutie graduated college!!  I can't wait to show you all the pictures! :)


Graduation weekend was fast and furious!  Holy cow.....we were so busy that it just flew by.  My flight arrived Friday afternoon and I went straight to Bill and Charlene's for supper. 

We left the house before the ass-crack of dawn to make the trek to Nacogdoches, TX.  About an hour into the trip, this was the sight in my rearview mirror....


Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen?!  Maci rode up front with me and helped put Lauren's scrapbook together.  To keep each other busy (and awake!), we played the ABC game.  We started this game when my kiddos were just learning to read.  The game is super fast and super fun......depending on the letter of the alphabet, you have to find a road sign that starts with that letter.  The first person to Z wins.  Maci whipped our bee-hinds!!


Four hours later, we met at Lauren's apartment for some preliminary hugs and kisses.....and to open presents!! :)  Lauren showing off her loot.....



Charlene stayed at the apartment to help her baby get ready.....




.....while the rest of us headed to the coliseum at Stephen F. Austin University to grab our seats for the ceremony. 


We had some extra time before the ceremony so Garrett, Maci and I walked down to the bookstore for a sweatshirt.  It was so damn hot!!  Plus, it had been raising in Texas for six weeks straight and the humidity was enough to choke a cow.  Poor Garrett had to buy a t-shirt to wear under his dress shirt because it was SOAKED!


Back to the coliseum to watch our sweet LaLa walk across the stage. 


The SFA coliseum was gorgeous!  Tons of Lumberjack purple everywhere you looked....



Garrett and Maci getting the wiggles out (and looking pretty darn cute!) before settling in for the ceremony.....


Before the ceremony, Lauren came over to say hello.  The photo below was while she was technically a college student.....


How sweet is this picture of her loving on her Nana?


Sidebar:  Did you notice that graduation cap?  She designed it herself! :)


Lauren had about 600 students graduating with her.  Even though there were tons of graduates, the ceremony went by pretty quickly.  I cried like a baby when I saw her walk across that stage!!



Now she's officially finished with school FOREVER!! :)  Check out that grin......


Before we knew it, it was all over and we were staring at this gorgeousness.....








Let me just take a minute because I may be tearing up as I'm typing this.  Good grief, I love this kid so much!  Just looking at her cute little smile makes my heart swell.  :)





Time to let the cameras loose!!


I'm framing this one....












The proud parents of a COLLEGE GRADUATE!!! :)



Cousins......

 

Aunt Sue Sue.....


Garrett and Maci showing Lauren some love....


This seems to be Garrett's favorite pose..... :)

 


I had to attach a special little something to my flowers to remind her that someone "up north" loves her like crazy!






































After the craziness of the day, we checked into our hotel room and spent exactly 11 minutes resting.  These two kiddos fell asleep before their heads hit the pillow....

























 


Next up.....dinner at Outback Steakhouse to celebrate!!


Back up at the crack of dawn Sunday morning to head to Dallas.  Garrett - thank you sweet baby Jesus - drove home.  I was in the backseat snoozing.  To keep our sweet driver awake, Maci started up the ABC game again.  :)





My sweet baby boy.....



We got into Mansfield just long enough to grab lunch before heading to the airport.  (I told you it was a crazy fast weekend!)  The kids and I went to Garrett's favorite burger joint......Grease Monkey.  It's about two minutes from University of Texas at Arlington (where both Garrett and Maci are going to school) and the burgers were TO DIE FOR!! :)









Let me tell you, I would not have missed this weekend in Texas if my life depended on it.  Have I mentioned how proud I am of our sweet LaLa?! :)  She graduated on Saturday and started her "real life" job the following Monday. 





Love you long time, Lauren Marie!!







2 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of her. I can remember when she was about 8 playing on a big giant bubble that separates freight in 18 wheelers. I saved it for her and brought it over and she played on it and I took pictures. She's an acceptable young woman. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very proud of her. I can remember when she was about 8 playing on a big giant bubble that separates freight in 18 wheelers. I saved it for her and brought it over and she played on it and I took pictures. She's an acceptable young woman. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete