My family

My family

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jim's OCD influence


I got quite a chuckle this morning when I went into Delanie's room to make her bed.  I know what you're thinking......don't you have better things to do during the day?  The answer is NO!  I'm bored out of my mind now that the kids are in school.  Back to the point.....after making the bed, I turn to shut the closet doors and find this vision.  Her clothes are organized neatly by the colors of the rainbow.  I couldn't help but laugh because my sweet husband does the exact same thing! 

When we first got married, Jim spend hours (literally!) organizing our closet - yep, his clothes and mine - in order of lightest to darkest.  He didn't just stop there, though.  All the long-sleeved shirts were together, all the short-sleeved shirts.....tshirts.....polos......all precisely arranged lightest to darkest. 

Just this morning on the way to school, Delanie asked, "Mom, why is Jim so strict with us?"  I explained that he wanted them to be the best they could be.  I thought about that question as I was comparing her closet to ours.  Evidently she doesn't mind his "strict" influence too much if she's imitating his OCD habits.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment