My family

My family

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New state.....new school

Garrett and Delanie started school today.....finally!  Why is it that Summer seems to go slower toward the end when you have kids?!  Garrett's nerves made him Chatty Patty all the way to school.  I dropped him off first (at 7:15am!) and Delanie next.  My daughter was definitely more optimistic than my son today!  I completely dropped the "Mom" ball and forgot to take pictures before school so I had to sneak them when I picked them up. 


Garrett had plenty to report after his first day:  1) All of his teachers were weird, 2)  His Computer Gaming class was full of nerds (was he really surprised by this???), 3) It sucked to eat lunch by himself , and 4) He had WAY too much homework. 



Delanie, on the other hand, was happy to report that she made FOUR new friends!  One of them was a "new kid" too (from Arizona)!  She saw several of her 9th grade friends from the WEB team so she was excited.  She filled me in on all of her teachers, the new dress code (or lack thereof) & how she shared the chocolate I packed in her lunch with a classmate.  Don't let the smile in this picture fool you.....she was not in the mood for pictures.  Next time, I better take any & all photos BEFORE school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment