My family

My family

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Motorcycle madness

Garrett has decided he wants a motorcycle. He hit me with the idea yesterday. Of course, my initial reaction was, "Please tell me you're kidding. Absolutely not!!". Then came the reasoning (this kid is good).

Argument #1: Life is short...live it!

Not exactly something you would expect a 16-year-old to say. I'll admit, it took me off guard. I couldn't argue with this one. I happen to feel the same way. BUT...we are talking about my baby boy...my firstborn. So the best thing I could come up with was, "It's way too dangerous. You're much safer in a car."

Argument #2: I'll take motorcycle safety classes.

He proceeded to tell me that he had already researched it & found where the class was (the local college), when it was (April to October) & how much it would cost ($169 - which he would voluntarily pay himself). You have to give him credit for having his ducks in a row.

Argument #3:  What if I wait until I'm 18?

Well, crap! He pulled the '18 is an adult' card. I thought about it & countered with "let me think about it".  Hopefully, if I stall long enough, he will change his mind.  It's worth a try, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment