My family

My family

Friday, September 9, 2011

Taste of Texas

Thank God it's Friday! This week has been tough. The kids are slowly getting back into the school routine - and making friends along the way - but it's been stressful. They've been out of their comfort zone all week. That, on top of being exhausted, has led to a bout of homesickness. I had to come up with a cure (I was missing Texas too!) so I figured we couldn't go wrong with our go-to restaurant back home....Olive Garden. :)

It just so happened that Jim was planning a work dinner on Thursday night so I concocted my plan. As soon as I picked the kiddos up from school, we would go see a movie and end the night with Texas-style comfort food. We decided on "The Help" - awesome movie....a must see! It wasn't exactly a lighthearted show but right up our alley nonetheless. We all loved it! Next came Olive Garden. True to habit, we all ordered EXACTLY what we used to in Texas.

Problem solved....at least for now. We laughed and talked and laughed some more! It was a great evening. We were all so stuffed by the time we got home. Sleep came easy last night and the kids woke up ready to tackle the day. Bring on the weekend...we need it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment