My family

My family

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Life lately: Delanie edition

Today’s post is all about this chickadee…..

 

 
Delanie & I spent the day together last weekend.  She ALWAYS has something going on……band, school, friends, etc……so it’s rare that I can get a few hours with her solo.  I took full advantage of it. 



 
The first thing on the agenda was the antique/flea market in downtown Minneapolis.  We left with a truck bed loaded down with an old rusty gate (I’m going to paint it!) and an old wooden ladder that I’m going to hang blankets on in the living room.  I’ll post about that later.
 

 
Since it was National Record Store Day, we stopped by the Electric Fetus.  Oh my goodness!  I could not have been more out of my element here.  Seriously.  Delanie, on the other hand, was in hog heaven (except for being aggravated that I was taking pictures of her)!

 
 
That night was her high school prom.   She and her friends decided to skip the prom and have a slumber party instead.  This was her leaving for the evening…….with her prom shoes on.

 
 
As soon as winter drum line was done, she started her Marching Band season.  They are practicing several days each week getting ready for the summer parades.

 
 
And…..as if Marching Band didn’t keep her busy enough, she’s also doing all the auxiliary percussion for the Center Stage musical again this year. 

 
 
I can’t wait to see her performing next week!  Here’s her view from the stage….
 

 
When she has some down time, she’s clicking away on the camera she got for her birthday.  In fact, most of the shots in this post are ones she’s taken.  She’s gotten really good!
 


 
That’s life lately for this goofball!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment