My family

My family

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Show & Tell Thursday


 
It’s time for Show & Tell Tuesday  Thursday again!  

I'm running a bit late with this post.  :)
 
This time it’s about the best vacation ever.
 
To date, I would have to say my favorite vacation was Maddens in Brainerd, MN during the summer of 2014.
 
Side note:  Minnesotans consider Brainerd “up north”.  That phrase cracks me up!  As if Minnesota isn’t “north” enough.  J

 

 
Jim LOVES Gull Lake.  I mean, he seriously loves that place! 
 
If he could retire tomorrow, it would be on Gull Lake.  In fact, every time we’re there, we look at homes for sale. 
 

 
Maddens is a full-service resort located on a peninsula that juts out into Gull Lake. 
 
It looks like a postcard!
 

 
During this trip, we stayed in the cutest cabins right on the lake.  It was perfect! 
 

 
Several times during our stay, we rented a pontoon for fishing.  Then every night, we would walk down to the beach and build a fire. 

Heaven!!
 

This is my all-time favorite picture of Jim.....


Maddens is the only place I’ve ever seen Jim completely relax.  You can tell by looking at this face that he could stay there forever. 
 


 
There is nowhere he would rather be than on the lake with a fishing rod in his hand. 
 
That works for me!  I pack a few books and completely veg out in the sunshine. 
 
It’s incredibly peaceful. 
 
But…….we have big news!! 
 
This summer, we are headed to Italy for a few weeks!!!  Eeeks!
 
Let me back up some….
 

 
Jim & I got married on his parents’ anniversary in 2009.  Neither one of us wanted a big wedding – we were more interested in the marriage than the wedding – so we had our friends and family gather in our living room. 
 
Jim had just changed jobs so it wasn’t the right time for a honeymoon.  In fact, we spent our wedding night in the house with Garrett & Delanie. 
 
Looking back, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
 
Two years later, we moved to Minnesota. 
 
To tell you the truth, people from the South go on vacation to see snow like we get up here so it’s felt like we were on vacation since we made the move! :)
 
Fast forward a few years and we decided it was time for the honeymoon. 
 
And just like that, we’re headed halfway across the world to Italy!!
 
 
We have the flights booked but that’s about it.  Every second we get, we are checking out hotels, tours, etc. 
 

 
The first half of our trip will be spent in Positano on the Amalfi Coast.  It’s stunning, right?!
 

 
The second half of the trip will be spent in Rome.
 
I am already itching to get inside those beautiful cathedrals!!
 
Stay tuned for all the details!!





No comments:

Post a Comment