My family

My family

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Pinky's Road Trip

A few weeks ago, I got this text from Delanie......


And just like that my baby girl was all grown up!  

*Sniff*

That weekend, she and her pal trotted themselves up to the hair salon.......solo......without her mama.

*Sniff*

I agreed on one condition:  she had to text real-time photos! :)


To be honest, I'm a little surprised she chose pink.  I was expecting blue or green.  


Four hours and two color treatments later........voila!


Isn't she the cutest thing ever???

For the life of me, I don't know where she got this brave, independent streak.

Probably from her MiMi!! :)

Speaking of her MiMi.....she learned one of her MiMi's (and mine!) favorite songs for my Mother's Day gift.  Louis Armstrong's "What a wonderful world".  

Sweet, right??


That night was her first Center Stage performance.  


At the end of each school year, Delanie's high school puts on a musical.

This year's theme was Road Trip.

It was awesome.....as usual! :)


See that pink head on the far left?  That's Delanie!  


The school is super strict about taking photos during the performance but I had to sneak this one in.  

As soon as I clicked the photo, there was an usher tapping on my shoulder shaking his head no.  


After the show with Willem......


And Sam.....


And the Senior boys......


And the entire gang......


So there it is.  I have my very own Pinky Tuscadero!  :)

(Only the adults old enough to remember Happy Days will get that one!)  




No comments:

Post a Comment