My family

My family

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday

It’s time for Show & Tell Tuesday again! 
 


This time it’s all about my personal style. 
 
Now that I’m 40-something, I’ve decided that life should be all about comfort.  I mean seriously…..who wants to walk around in high heels or snug-fitting clothes?? 
 
For some reason, I tend to buy clothes a bit bigger than they should be.  The last thing I want is to feel like a sausage about to burst in a tight shirt or pair of pants. 
 

 
Since I’m not a morning person, it’s crucial for me to have my work outfits planned before I go to bed on Sunday.
 
I always put together 7-8 outfits so I’ll have choices throughout the week.  When I say plan, I mean PLAN!  Jewelry, scarves, jackets, shoes…..everything is laid out so there is no thinking required on a sleepy morning.
 


 
I’m more than a little embarrassed to admit this but I keep photos of my favorite outfits.  There…..I said it!
 
They aren’t flattering pictures and they’re always from a bad angle but I don’t care.  It’s all about remembering what pieces go together and feel/look good. 
 


 
I would consider my style preppy.  I wear cardigans year-round…..mostly layered on top of button-up shirts.  And loafers.  I love loafers!  Or Converse (you’re never too old to wear Chucks). 
 


 
And I hate hate hate long pants!  That’s the only thing about the winter that I dread.  I wish I could live in capris all year but that’s not possible.  Long pants just fit weird…..I can’t explain it. 
 



 
Apparently I love scarves……and denim…..and leopard flats!
 



 
When it comes to bedtime, you can find me in a Jim-sized Polo shirt and capri pajama bottoms.  Every.  Single.  Night.  I’m in my pajamas by 5:15pm and sometimes I stay in them all weekend.  My neighbors can vouch for this.  I wear them outside all the time.  (Sorry Jim!)  In the cooler months, I’ll add a huge sweatshirt.  HUGE!
 

 
It has to be a Polo shirt because the use the softest cotton known to man.  And it has to be at least Jim’s size or bigger. 
 
Once or twice a year, Jim & I will visit the Polo outlet mall and I will get every single color they have.  I swear by these things!  They get softer every time you wash them.  So soft, in fact, that Delanie used them as her wubby blanket when she was little.  (Sorry for the embarrassing tidbit, Delanie!)
  






No comments:

Post a Comment