My family

My family

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lanie's new crush



I know what you're thinking......what a hunk! :)  Patrick Eaves plays hockey for the Detroit Red Wings.  When we were at the game last week watching warmups, Delanie SWEARS that he looked right at her TWICE!!!  Check out her Facebook post.....

Delanie Jo
What amazingness!! 
Garrett tosses a box upstairs while I'm getting ready to go to the store with him later. So I put it on my bed to open up later. When I do, there's a card on the front that has my aunt's name
 on it: Ann Marie. 
"Hi Lanie,
We heard you went to the Red Wings game last weekend. We thought you might like this.
Love,
Grandma, Aunt Jean, and Aunt Ann"

So I thought back, thinking of when we were at the glass and the Red Wings were shooting pucks and practicing. So just out of blue sky, Patrick Eaves looks straight at me. Twice. It was a BIG DEAL for me. 
So I open up the box and see a black box inside. I start to jump to conclusions, maybe a Red Wings bracelet or a necklace or something small that could fit in this tall box. 
I open up the top. There's a tiny note that says, "Autographed by Patrick Eaves." I start freaking out in front of the housekeeping service, and I pull out a bright red cup with a Detroit Red Wings winged wheel on it, and right above the winged wheel, I couldn't believe what I saw.
"Patrick Eaves"




The autographed cup now has a place of honor on the fireplace mantle....right next to a picture of McCarty beating the crap out of LeMieux and a signed pair of Brett Hull gloves. 

Thanks to Grandma Ruth, Ann Marie & Carol for making Delanie's day, week, month and year!!  I have to say I agree with her.....he really is a hottie!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment