My family

My family

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time to celebrate


Every year Garrett wants a cookie cake for his birthday and every year Bea makes it for him.  When his birthday came around this year, we had to settle for a store bought cookie (gasp!).  We were all missing Bea's presence more than usual at dinner last night.  :( 

We all sat down to dinner.....like we do every night.  We played high/low and we each took turns telling the others what we loved the most about them.  It was a great night!  Lots of laughing and plenty of sass....just the way I like it!!

After approval of the cookie cake.....it has to be the right flavor (chocolate chip), color (purple) and writing (happy birthday!) we were ready to go.  Garrett made his wishes......all 17 of them!!

Another year down for my little man.  I asked Garrett where he planned to go to college - Texas or Minnesota.  His answer surprised and delighted me.  He said, "Are you kidding?!  I'm gonna live at home until I'm 80!!"  That's fine with me!

Sidenote:  Delanie was in charge of taking pictures.  Can you tell???


Another sidenote:  Maci flew home standby on Wednesday.  She was flying Southwest Airlines so there was a layover in St. Louis, MO.  Since she was flying standby, we were all on pins and needles until she got to Love Field.  No worries.....she made every flight the first time and is now home safe and sound! 

No comments:

Post a Comment