My family

My family

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where did the time go?

My baby boy turns 17 today!  How the heck did that happen?!  It seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital. 

I am so proud of the young man that Garrett has become.  He's so kind and considerate.....always in such a great mood.  He's truly made my job as a mom so easy.  We can always count on him to show us a storm cloud's silver lining.  Every time we are on the receiving end of one of those incredibly beautiful smiles, it feels like we've been given a gift. 
Garrett's humor always catches us off guard.  He makes the wierdest things hilarious.  He will deliver a one-liner at dinner that leaves the rest of shooting drinks through our nose.....seriously close to wetting our pants!  He is so confident.....doesn't care what anyone thinks.  He is who he is!

Delanie absolutely adores her brother.......sometimes to his dismay.  He's the typical big brother that gets annoyed by his sister at least 100 times a day.  All it takes is Delanie taking a breath and he's annoyed.  On the other hand, if Garrett thinks someone is treating his sister bad, he's the first one to jump to her defense!  Gotta love that brother/sister relationship! :)
Everyone that Garrett comes in contact with is left a happier person.  Anywhere Garrett is automatically becomes a better, more interesting, funner place. 


Happy birthday, Garrett!  I hope all your wishes come true........big and small.  I absolutely LOVE being your mom!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment