My family

My family

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Challenge: Daily routine

Blog Challenge - Day 15


I'm saving my "day in the life" post for another time.

Instead, let's talk about how I organize my quiet time with Jesus.

Every Sunday, I plan out my upcoming week in my bullet journal.  Click here to read about my complete bullet journaling process.  


Stuff you can find in my weekly set up:  meal plan, appointments, word of the week and a never-ending to do list.  


This year, I'm studying Words To Live By written by Linda Gilden & Dalene Parker.  

The book focuses on one word each week and includes daily readings that pertain to that word.


For example, this week's word is CHOOSE.


The second book I use in my quiet time each day is Lord, It's Me Again.  It's a compilation of daily scriptures and motivation.  I love this book!  There are so many days that I read this and think the author is talking to me specifically.  


Here's how it works......

I set up my "heading" for the day.  


Directly under the header bar, I jot down which verse I read today.  Next, I close the journal and think about what Jesus is saying to me.  This could take five minutes or five hours.  I'm in no rush and I'm really trying to leave my mind open to Jesus and LISTEN.


Next up is the doodle square.  Here is where I draw what the scripture "looks like" inside my head.  


As you can see, there is nothing fancy about these drawings.  The one above is Jesus calling me by name (Psalm 33:13).

Then the journaling happens.  

I write down highlights of the day.  Sometimes I write down prayers.  Sometimes I print out a picture and tape it directly onto the page.  I basically treat the journal like a diary that Delanie and Garrett can read one day when I'm long gone.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment