My family

My family

Monday, January 30, 2017

Challenge: Makeup Bag

Blog Challenge - Day 30


Southern girls learn pretty early on that you must keep two sets of make-up/essentials......
one at home and one at work (or in your purse).

To be honest, I don't wear a ton of make-up.  I make up for the extra room in my bag with a pretty strange assortment of essentials though.


I've never gotten into the expensive cosmetic brands.  

In fact, I buy most of my make-up at the drugstore.

Cover Girl has been my go-to brand since high school.  

If it ain't broke, don't fix it girls!😉


Here's what make-up I can't live without.....

1)  Under-eye concealer
This is the only thing I splurge on.  I alternate between Mary Kay and MAC.

2)  Mascara
Always black.  Always with a curved wand.

3)  Eyeliner
Black in the winter months;  brown in the cooler months.  I know.....it's weird.

4)  Blush
It's on my 2017 to-do list to try liquid blush because mine wears off too quickly.

5) Powder
I have a one compact at work, one in my purse, one in my bathroom vanity and one in my car.  I loooooooove the way Cover Girl powder compacts smell!!

Here's what else I have to have within reach.....

1)  Hand sanitizer
I blame this on Jim.  I never used it until Mr. Clean came along.  ðŸ˜Š

2)  Hairspray
Because Southern girls know that the bigger your hair, the closer to Jesus!

3)  Mouthwash

4)  Cinnamon mints/gum 
Other flavors need not apply.

5)  Nail file/clippers
Another Southern girl rule:  Clipping your nails in public is not allowed.  
No ma'am!  
Bathrooms only girls!
You can, however, FILE your nails in public.  

6)  Contact case & rewetting drops

7)  Lubriderm lotion
Again.....other brands need not apply.

8)  Cortizone cream 
I have no idea why but I use cortizone cream on a weekly basis.

9)  Lip balm.  Lots and lots of lip balm.  
Seriously.....if I was stranded on a desert island, this is one thing that I would have to have.  



I have about 153 tubes of Burts Bees "Fig" lip balm in total.  I stash this stuff everywhere......in my jacket pocket, my desk drawer at work, my purse, my car, in Jim's truck.......everywhere!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Jim has a tube in the pocket of his jeans.  I'm always asking him to carry it for me.  

I've gone waaaayyyy past the obsession phase.

"My name is Charlotte and I'm addicted to lip balm."


Because of my migraines, I can't go without peppermint oil.

My sweet hairdresser turned me on to this Aveda blue oil roller ball several years ago.

If I feel a migraine coming on, I roll this onto the back of my neck, my shoulders and temples.

It works 9 times out of 10.

One more day for the blog challenge!!  See you tomorrow.  ðŸ’›











No comments:

Post a Comment