My family

My family

Friday, January 20, 2017

Challenge: Hard times

Blog Challenge - Day 20


When I think about the hardest time in my life, it's no surprise that it has been the years since my mother died.  


My family has always been extremely close.  So close that it was a big surprise when it shattered after my mom died in 2013.  


It was especially bitter-sweet for me because she and I weren't in the best place at the time.  She was upset with me for moving away.  I'm typing this with a knot in my throat.  


Everyone deals with death differently.  I tend to push the hurt back until it demands to be felt.  When it comes bubbling to the surface, I need to be alone to deal with it.  


In the past, when someone died, I was comforted by the fact that their spirit was still around keeping those they left behind company.  I couldn't tap into that thought this time because I couldn't imagine why she would want to be anywhere near us on Earth when there was so much to see in Heaven.


Slowly but surely, my family is finding their way back to each other.  

These days the good memories are winning over the sad.  I'll take that win! 💙 









No comments:

Post a Comment