My family

My family

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Challenge: Names

Blog Challenge - Day 18


Our Minnesota Move - Short and simple.  Adventures from our move from Texas to Minnesota.

Speaking of names......

Fun fact:  My family never calls each other by their real names.

Every single one of us has a nickname.

Mine = Sue Sue.  

I have an aunt named Betty Sue.  I always got it mixed up when I was little and called her Sue Betty.  Both names stuck.  


Jim has several.  Garrett calls him James (pronouced ha' mas).  Delanie calls him Chim.  

The kids used to call him "Jimmy Crack Corn" when we first got together but he was NOT having it. 


Delanie =  JoJo, LanieBob or Delanie Josephine

The Josephine (her middle name is Jo) comes out when I'm really trying to get her attention.  


Garrett = Gman, Gbaby or Bubba

Bubba is the most common nickname.  Garrett has the same birthday as Kevin's childhood bestie named Bubba.  


Bailey = Big Booty Judy


Charlene = Bea

My mom used to call her Leenie Beenie when we were little & the shortened version stuck around.  


Lauren = LaLa or Raymond

I'm the only one who calls her Raymond but it makes me laugh every time I do.  


Tracey = TT


Denise = Dink


If you hang around our family long enough, you pick up a nickname or two.

Whatever it is, we wear it proudly.  ðŸ˜Š






No comments:

Post a Comment